The Landscape Committee will select two homes each month, one from the east side of South Shore and one from the west side of South Shore.
- The Committee will judge only the portion of the yard viewed from the street.
- The Yard of the Month program will start in April and end in December.
- The Committee will place a Yard of the Month sign in each winning yard for a month.
- Committee will judge and make their selections no later than the 25th of each month
- Sign will be placed no later than the 1st of the month and will remain in the yard for one month.
- Signs will picked up by a committee member and reused for the next winner.
- Each yard may only win the Yard of the Month award once in a calendar year.
Winning Yard of the Month:
The judges will use the following criteria when choosing a Yard of the Month. These are only guidelines and the committee will make a final decision based on the evidence that shows the homeowner’s pride in his or her yard.
• Yard is well-groomed
• Yard is attractive; pleasing to the eye (e.g. green lawn; a variety of plants such as trees, shrubs, ground cover, flowers, wildflowers; plants with a variety of heights, textures, and colors
• Buildings, fences, porches, and patios on the property are in good repair (i.e. minimal distraction from the landscape due to deterioration, damage or construction)
• Yard of the month must not violate deed restrictions for the HOA
• Yard is free of litter, junk and debris (no appliances or indoor furniture on porches or patios)
• Yard is free of inoperable or junked motor vehicles
• Does a passerby sense that the homeowner has pride in his or her landscape and property
Winners will receive:
A specially designed “Yard of the Month” sign placed in the winning front yard for one month, bragging rights in the community newsletter ( only address information will be posted, homeowner information will not be released.